The Great Tales Two Page Spread

Two Page Spread

My first project was to create a two-page spread, a mood board of sorts with ideas and questions pertaining to my sustained investigation. (Pictured above) I chose images from Pinterest (all of the images on the left and the one of the girl on the right) that portrayed the characters from “The Great Tales” in styles similar to what I hope to do. The three photos of Turin (right page) are my own images that I will use in my portfolio. I burned the edges of this spread and stained it with coffee and undiluted watercolor to create a messy, worn, and old effect, in an attempt to emphasize the messiness of life, particularly in “The Great Tales.” Life is often romanticized in fantasy stories, but it is not in these tales. 


 

Comments

  1. Add the name of an inspiration artist if you haven't already.
    Tell why you like one piece of inspiration art by them.

    Your next piece: try to emulate the qualities you like in her work.

    Next Post reminder: write out your question (after we complete a worksheet on Monday) that includes your: Theme, Subject, Processes, Action, Media, and Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SI 10

AP Art Primary Question